Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

When the battle gets big...

LooseSpoon

Not a fan of this so far.

Twice this has happened.

The AI goes head to head with way too many particles zipping around, then slowly at first the whole game slow's to a crawl then crashes.

(Normally I can avoid the crash if I warp myself to an empty zone.)

Same Here. Game slow down then freeze then crash when "sector is under attack by another faction" The ships spawn then it begins to freeze then crash.

When i try to reload the game i have to wait like 5 min before i can get in, without touching anything (or it will crash again). Hopefully i'm still in my ship (no ship dissapearance yet) but it is pretty frustrating i know when an enemy faction enters, it is crash time unless i'm near a gate and can flee from this polygon mess..

Spec:

Intel icore i5-6600 3.30GHz

Windows 10 Pro

Nvidia GEForce GTX 950

8Gb RAM DDR4

All drivers up to date.

If more informations needed i shall try to send logs if it can help optimize bug smashing.

Edit: i toned down all in game graphic spec it doesnt change anything when there is a big battle, freeze then crash.

I'd imagine it's more of a memory/CPU issue than graphical. Lots of calculations and then you add the damaged pieces falling off and floating around + the asteroids. Besieged, From the Depths, Last Leviathan, etc. all have issues with "too much physics" when things get hectic.

Yeah, Paranoyd I'd think that too.

But something like Yodarkore.

I too have a way overpowered PC for this game.

AMD FX-9370 Eight-Core 4.40GHz (liquid cooled)

16 GB Ram G. Skill

Nvidia GTX 970 OC Windforce

Full tower case

I put this game on a less demanding HD but its just as good as the SSD.

I think this is what your looking for. (Since I took the time to actually, "Read this First", at the top of Bug forums..)

Edited:Created a Pastbin Have file listed as 'Avorion Jan 30th 3:52A Battle Crash'

Can you please post the link to the pastebin paste you have created?

Had to register cause this is driving me nuts.

Sorry in advance for beating a dead horse...

Large battles cause crashes for me as well

I have tried to lower graphics settings and it seems to help alot but I experience the glitch where every sector I jump in to gets attacked.  I am at the point now that if I enter a populated sector there is a 75% chance it is being attacked and I have to try alot to get it to load and turn my ship if i even get that far so i cant see the battle.

this only works half the time.

most recent log immediately after crash

http://pastebin.com/JtXb4uc2

Hey, afarina1

you should try to enter the beta branch on steam.

You can do so, if you right click on avorion in your library and select properties. Then switch to the 'Betas' tab and from the dropdown menu choose 'beta'.

This should resolve the problem, that every sector gets constantly attacked. But you might need to move to a different part of the galaxy if two factions are already at war.

Hey, afarina1

you should try to enter the beta branch on steam.

You can do so, if you right click on avorion in your library and select properties. Then switch to the 'Betas' tab and from the dropdown menu choose 'beta'.

This should resolve the problem, that every sector gets constantly attacked. But you might need to move to a different part of the galaxy if two factions are already at war.

Done.  Thank you for pointing that out.