Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Alterative QoL for building visibility

BloodyRain2k

Suggestion

There's at least 2 suggestions already about turning the visibility system into a blacklist instead of a whitelist, but as I heard that might not be doable without a rewrite of the editor, which understandably is too much asked for something that's just QoL.

So I've thought about a different approach that could still make it a little easier on the RSI to go through the block types:

A checkbox (because options are nice to have) that changes the visibility panel's drop down menu for the block type into a list instead, preferably (as screen estate permits) without having to scroll or at least not having to scroll a lot.

That way each whitelisting of a block is only 1 click away instead of 2 + some scrolling.

4 answers to this suggestion

Another improvement to this would be if the (scrollable if long enough) toggle list of checkboxes (with only one check at a time) for each block would be available to be configured to stay open at all times or opened/hidden with a single click on an arrow button somewhere on the building UI.

1 hour ago, TenguKnight said:

Another improvement to this would be if the (scrollable if long enough) toggle list of checkboxes (with only one check at a time) for each block would be available to be configured to stay open at all times or opened/hidden with a single click on an arrow button somewhere on the building UI.

You mean like hiding them from the list to not clutter it up?

If it's not too much effort, maybe go all the way with that idea and make it possible (in a dedicated settings panel) to reorder the blocks, like we can reorder fighter squads with drag and drop. That's nicely done and would be great for this too.

Alternatively maybe allow to sort the blocks by amount used? That way those few types that were used 4 times on the whole ship wouldn't clutter up the top of the list.

21 minutes ago, BloodyRain2k said:

You mean like hiding them from the list to not clutter it up?

No, I mean toggling the visibility of the entire list of checkboxes at once, however I thought about it a bit and the function could be directly tied to the eye button, but the list of checkboxes should then always be visible when the visibility window is open.