Different way of firing torpedos

BloodyRain2k

Suggestion

I never really got into using torpedos much because I always found them bothersome as a system.

After finding out that the bays can be set to auto loading I gave the ones I ran into anyways a try and started to see some use for them.

However, being as selective about using them as I want to be is being made extremely difficult by the game:

While the auto loading in combination with binding a certain bay to a weapon group makes it possible to be selective about what I'm firing, the fact that the weapon groups get /all/ turned back on after I had sent my ship on a mission, or just reloaded my game, is bothersome.

This also limits the amount of bays I can control to the weapon groups I have left free, not mentioning that I have to check which are active or inactive whenever I want to fire any so I fire the right one.

What I would prefer as an alternative way would be having keybinds to fire a specific bay directly.

For example, to fire bays 2 and 3 holding down [alt] and then pressing first [2] followed by [3] would be a nicer approach than managing weapon groups.

This could be accompanied by a small update to the UI to make it easier to see what is loaded where:

The respective torpedo icon with a small number for it's bay and the first 3 letters of the type name (Nuc, Ion, Neu, Tan) would be very helpful to stay aware of the load out.

0 answers to this suggestion

There have been no answers to this suggestion yet