Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Issue with item despawn

An Ning

Suggestion

I didn't even know that a despawn timer had been made for dropped turrets and upgrades, so I let them sit as a marker for where I defeated enemies (as a way to find the wrecks for salvaging) and just had a bunch of rare and exceptional tier items vanish because I took too long getting to them.

This wasn't an exceedingly long time... this was less than 5 minutes -you can have fights that last significantly longer than that... and items that were hard-fought-for and hard-won disappearing before you reach them is just annoying.

While I can appreciate having something "clean up" the active sectors, I really think that it would be better for the game to just pack all loose items within a certain area into a container of some sort instead of just having them vanish.

3 answers to this suggestion

I've even had goods vanish right in my face, it's very frustrating. I understand cleaning up sectors that have been left for a while, but losing half the loot because a fight keeps dragging on is a bummer.

I like that container idea, maybe it would act like a beacon, or a stash with a glow coinciding with the top item rarity inside?

Major cleanup should mostly only happen when a player is out of the system.
But despawning tiny chunks progressively after a good amount of time while still in-system would be fine.
I think there's a mod that looks at the value of debris and starts with the least valuable stuff and won't ever touch valuable things over a certain threshold.
That's something the game should do natively.

• Like 1