Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

Update 2.0 Out Now!

Update 2.0 now available! Check out the ton of QoL Features, improvements, captains, new commands and reworked UI!

Suggestion for: Distress beacon, Construction block/bay and gradual construction

An Ning

Suggestion

I'd like to suggest a few things.

1) Ships unable to construct new blocks on themselves without a "construction bay", which is limited in items it can add to a ship based on its quality.

2) As this would mean the inability to replace critical components without this item, I would suggest a "distress beacon" for ships to call a craft that either acts as a mobile shipyard (for a higher price), or docks with your ship and tows it to a shipyard (also for a price)

3) I would also like to see items built on ships outside of shipyards take time to appear and come into effect (based on the size of the crew and the size of the item), rather than being instantly created

2 answers to this suggestion

Oh this has burned me. If you dont have enough power to jump and not enough money to build even solar panels, you're boned. A beacon would be quite helpful.

Pre-pay for the beacon so the tow or mobile shipyard arrival is free.

and that would make another use for shipyards/repair yards (or even potentially scrapyards)... all of which I would enjoy because a lot of these stations seem to be there to be there, more than anything