FIghters Should Have Immunity to Ship Death Explosions

Herald of Silence

Suggestion

Hi,

My fleet and I have just finished fighting in a massive xsotan battle near the center of the galaxy. 2 of my ships are carrier classes, both are filled to the brim with fighters (240 in total). Each fighter is nearly 50k Ogonite and about 3-20 minutes to create individually. In the xsotan battle, all of the fighters were ordered to protect the fleet and so, the hangars flooded out. Nearly all the enemy ships have been destroyed, the last one being what may have been their fleet's flagship (Dreadnought).

The fighters were tearing it down with their laser weaponry to the point of the ship being split in half. After a good bit, it had fallen.. but wait! The ship is self-destructing, perhaps it's systems have gone critical. All of the fighters were ordered to return to their carriers so that they may be protected from the blast. Both carriers were 2km away from the blast zone. All 240 fighters were lost because they were circling their respective ships to enter the hangars. An extremely terrible (and annoying) loss, but we'll be more careful next time.

This has happened multiple times. Each time I have been more careful and attentive of where my fighters are. In a few battles, I divided my attention away from the fighters because I was focusing my main batteries on a different target. The first time I sent them out to attack a ship, there were 120 of them. I see them attacking another ship, I'm like, "Great! We're making progress." After the battle was over, only 16 of them survived. 

For this suggestion, I'm not saying remove the explosions, they're an immersive and interesting mechanic in the game. I just want them to not die from the explosions, or at least make their #1 priority to run away from the blast radius. It's tedious and draining trying to keep THEM alive when they should be keeping ME alive. Also, having to accumulate millions of resources and taking an hour or 3 to create all 120 fighters again and again just because of 1 explosion that they decided to stay around is exhausting. 

1 answer to this suggestion

I think your argument is more that fighters should not need 10x the time to return into the hangar than they need to jump out of it.

That has bothered me a lot in the past too, they take WAY too long to get back in there.

Considering that they routinely boost their face into /whatever/ they shouldn't go Chinese Ming Vase paranoia when docking back -_-