Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Less Zoomi More Boom

An Ning

Suggestion

A passing thought of mine: I would like to see my big ships have more lumbering fights full of guns and explosions than the current zip around and maybe eventually hit something fights.

I mean it makes sense for a smaller ship that has lighter armor to be something that darts in and out, but the way engines work in this game, it's easier for the larger ships to be far faster and more maneuverable.

The easiest way I could think of to accomplish it was by changing boosting itself.

Rather than having it be a function of normal engines, I'd suggest that boosting be controlled by its own engine blocks which have a reduced speed increase as ship mass increases, and which decrease maximum speed while weapons are in use.

This would make it easier to have faster smaller ships while larger ships tend to be more lumbering in comparison, and decrease the overall speed of ships in battles (this would also prevent larger ships from easily outrunning fighters in combat)

Just a passing muse I thought I would write down here and see what people thought of it.

Edited by An Ning

1 answer to this suggestion

Totally agree. 

Large ships by default should be slower. The curve for engine requirement to high acceleration needs to be steeper the larger the ship is. Whereas a smaller ship should be default be far faster, harder to hit. There also needs to be a point in which even hit-scan weapons can miss due to maneuverability. At this time, if the AI shoots at you, you're getting hit---regardless of weaponry.