A station's Trade Goods page "Profit" value is currently inaccurate

OmegaConstruct

Suggestion

The "Profit" value on a station's "Trade Goods" page is inaccurate because the "Money spent" value doesn't include many of the costs that went into the station. 

Profit = revenue - (expenses + initial investment)

Suggestions:

1. Implement an "Investment" field to add to the "Money Spent" field when calculating the total profit of a station.
    • Investments = station purchase price, upgrades purchase price, and build cost (all construction has a monetary value in credits plus the market rate value of the ores used in construction). 
  2. Crew pay, the cumulative value of initial hiring costs plus every "You paid XX,XXX credits to the crew of Station" message since the station was founded, should be included in the "Money Spent" value.
  3. Change terminology to actual financial terms: Money Spent = Expenses, Money gained = Revenue.

These changes would let me know the actual profit of my stations, rather than the current inaccurate and frankly irrelevant number we currently are given.

image.png.aa7ff948c14f82c3ae62140c433b5d6f.png

Note: this image doesn't include crew pay or build costs because I don't have those numbers off the top of my head, but you get the idea. In truth, this station has probably yet to turn a profit because I spent well over 4 million credits during construction, and that's not including the market rate value of the ores used.

1 answer to this suggestion