Is there any way to get more out of the outer edge of the galaxy?

Synaps3

I was looking at the map the other day and it occurred to me that 80% of the galactic map is useless.

Most of the territory is far from the center and therefore super low difficulty.

The way the game is designed ensures there is a ton of useless low level real estate and a tiny concentrated bit of high value real estate.

Wouldnt it be more interesting if there was more to explore?  It even makes me wonder if the game would be better flipped...put the newbie area in the center and make things harder further out. Make the barrier preventing you from escaping the core instead of entering it.

Then the endgame would be full of endless possibility instead of a tiny concentrated area of a couple dozen sectors while everything else is ignored.

avorionmap.png

Edited by Synaps3

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, that would be a twist on this. That 80% though isn't wasted, put mines in them, explore and find large asteroids, make mines, make major MULAH $$$$$. That said, other then that there is hardly any use for the rest of the galaxy outside that core as you said at this time. I think a continuation of the story to be able to block the xsotan from entering our galaxy would be even better!