Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

VAC Ban From single player?

john9099x11

A while back when I first got the game I used cheat engine to give my self some resources in single player and I got VAC banned from the game is there a way I can contact the devs or something? (thought I would try cause it it wouldn't hurt)

Edit: probably should clarify the VAC ban was about 2 years ago when the game was in early access the VAC ban mention the reason being the large amount of materials as the proof of ban and I only used cheat engine in single player where the devs mention VAC shouldn't been enabled

Edit 2: prob not going to get a response but honestly salty at this game because I got a unjust ban from this game due to me wanting to just have a bit of fun in single player

Edited by john9099x11

• john9099x11 changed the title to VAC Ban From single player?
  • Boxelware Team

VAC is an automatic system that we Devs don't have any influence on. We don't have additional cheat detection running. VAC banned you because you used known cheat software while being online in Steam.

There's nothing we can do on our side to prevent something like this or to help you lift the ban.

Well I didn't expect much but I guess if single player puts you in online mode anyways tip to people who want to use cheats in single player make sure your not connected to steam I guess I should of seen it coming when single player still had to verify VAC

Edited by john9099x11

• Boxelware Team

Nothing against you john9099x11, but I can't let this sit like this, let me explain:

Whenever the Steam Client is connected to the internet you are online. Has nothing to do with whether the game itself is online or not. The Avorion Singleplayer doesn't require you to be online.

So if you want to explore and have fun, use Mods or ingame creative modes. Or ingame chat commands. None of them can trigger VAC.

Maybe back then Avorion didn't have good options for giving yourself resources, but now it definitively has. So for the future: No cheats are required to have fun 😉