Targeting key commands could use some enhancements

Rand

Suggestion

Great game, but there are still some rough edges, and this is one of them.

So, targeting leaves a lot to be desired.

The "nearest enemy" targeting key is useful, the "next ally" and especially "next target" less so.
"Next ally" has the problem that it's one direction only. I have often missed and wanted to go back a target, but I can't. Adding a "previous ally" key, either J (next to H) or H+shift would be helpful.

But "next target" is the least useful and most frustrating. First, it also has no reverse direction key command (like tab+shift, for example) but, worse, it has zero discrimination. Most of the time you are using it for one of two things:

1) looking through asteroids

2) looking through everything BUT asteroids

It would make the tab targeting system much more useful if you could toggle asteroid targeting on/off. A simple toggle key with an icon showing the targeting status in the targeting window is all that would be required.

Bonus points if there was a three way toggle. Everything, no asteroids, and asteroids only.

Oh, yeah. I almost forgot. There are some function key commands for toggling the UI and such that don't seem to appear in any command list. It would be nice to be able to see a full key command list somewhere in-game. Either in the controls menu or an overlay (like when building).

Edited by Rand
Forgot something

0 answers to this suggestion

There have been no answers to this suggestion yet