Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Buff Drone Move Speed

scherpenzeel

Suggestion

Please consider buffing drone move speed. This should not affect game balance in any way but would be useful early game. I have spent far too much time with a thumb on the space bar. And mid to late game it would make it easier to do shopping after jumping to a friendly station. I don't think it would be game breaking in any way and it would just be nice.

Edited by scherpenzeel

4 answers to this suggestion

I disagree that it would affect gameplay, since PDC's can have flight times for the projectiles. I feel buffing drone speed would benefit the player a bunch, both in combat and economic ways. Combat, because a carrier-style ship would maintain its combat prowess for longer against drones (the A.I would also benefit, but point defense lasers used by the player would imbalance the playing field again). Economic, because with drones not dying nearly as much you could save up to 120k of a resource for a full squad of high quality drones. Towards the later game, I feel like drone speed is back to being a non-issue since resources are abundant and tech level difference between player and A.I can be so drastic. I can't give any idea of cost/benefit analysis in multiplayer mode though. Thoughts?

On 11/4/2021 at 7:45 PM, An Ning said:

I agree with buffing it as you go up in building tier, but the early drone itself not so much.

I would agree and ask that there be a button to toggle boost on and off instead of always having to hold it down, though.

This exactly.

Once you have unlocked building knowledge, you go up a tier. 

I'll go one further---make the drone design ...designable. Yes, you're limited, but you could at least put on your own salvage/mining turrets.