Improvements to the AI

Cryntolov

Suggestion

I think we can all agree that the AI in avorion is pretty terrible. It's slow, difficult to use and can be a pain in the ass when trying to get them to do specific things in a sector, particularly asteroid filled ones, without them experiencing pathing issues or not getting in range for mining lasers.

My suggestion is that the AI could be improved by "showing" the AI where the front of the ship is and altering it so that it can figure out where it should face to get most/all the turrets to bear without the constantly turning around and shifting and give the ships a set operating range for their shortest ranged turrets instead of their longest ones. Preferably making them go 0.2km closer than would be required for their guns to be in range. or even simply make the ship turn with the turrets like with players do.

Figuring out pathing itself could be relatively simple as well. with 5 main points extending from the front of the ship (4 furthest corners + centre of gravity) like the antenna on ants and giving them a 5-10 second activation and a 3-5 reaction (5-10 seconds until collision involves slowing down slightly and 3-5 for when they're about to hit it) or something similar.

My point being, there needs to be drastic improvements to ship AI.

Edited by Cryntolov

0 answers to this suggestion

There have been no answers to this suggestion yet