WHY DID THEY MAKE UNITY, TO LET RETARDS DO GAMES?!

Retarded

Should the work on this game be discarded?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Should the work on this game be discarded?

• Yes, continue the development, improvements are very good for me!
    • No, stop the development because adding bugs on the existing unstable platform is not the right way to go!

V2.0.8 (and all versions before and most likely after ,coz you're morons)

Why do you do coding if you don't know how to do it properly?! Your fuckin game lags so much it's unplayable. I have fluid framerate, it's just rubberbanding when mining or using fighters or r-salvagers/miners, or do anything with more than 2 ships. MY save game is 2 GB !!!

What the fuck you did with such a simple game that it can't be processed by the most up to date PCs with SSDs, x-core CPUS and such? I've tried tweaking and deleting server.ini, no use, it simply doesn't work! I have lag between me and myself over a local frikkin server, which runs in the background because who-knows-what is rerouted and blocked. Why make it simple if you can complicate it?! I boosted priority, background processes, all that shit, and it still rubberbands like crazy. Non-responsive. Pinging while doing hard mining and I have pings to 127.0.0.1 < 1ms, so what address or port your game uses when playing single player - an external one in Alaska, with ping > 10 seconds? All resources at at their minimal, network traffic measures peaks up to 7 Mbps... What the heck is going on ?! Graphs stay green and minimal (except the yellow one which is consistent, but no peaks at all (except during load)

netstat -nabo:

TCP    0.0.0.0:27000          0.0.0.0:0              LISTENING       6636
 [AvorionServer.exe]

WTF?!

Do you even understand the line above? Let me try saying in simple words: fuckin Unity game editor let IDIOTS like you be "PROGRAMMERS" while you know SHIT about programming. Great ideaas go to waste. WHY DO I HAVE TO SEE EACH PARTICLE WHEN MINING, GET ME THE FRIKKIN MATERIALS IF THAT IS THE RPOBLEM. You are generating a ton of particles for no reason. Do you really create particles and then calculate if each hits the ship?!

WHY DO YOU FRIKKIN CODE THIS SHIT, TAKE IT OUT, DELETE IT, DON'T DECEIVE PPL IN WASTING 200+ HOURS OF GAMING JUST TO SEE NOTHINGNESS. I DARE YOU TO GET TO THE CENTER OF GALAXY AND TRY MINING WITH R-LASERS !!!!!

WHY IS THIS SHIT EVEN AVAILBLE, FUCK YOU AND EARLY BETA MODEL, ALL GAMES IN THE WORLD ARE "EARLY BETA" I AM SICK AND TIRED, I NEED MY GAMING FIX AND YOU DENY IT BECAUSE YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET THROUGH THE CODE, DEBUG, AND SEE WHERE THE PROBLEM IS!

GO FUCKIN PLANT POTATOES, DON'T DO CODING IF YOU'RE RETARDED!

FUCK YOU ALL x 250 hours, you are a team of nobodies, losers, and failed programmers! Your fuckin "game" will be in everlasting alpha, just like a ton of interesting titles out there we can't play due to incompleteness. I guess there's no escape from paying 100$ for a half-decent game.

Coders are idiots. Only hardware developers know how to code, but they have no time to do that.

FIX THE GAME OR CANCEL IT! IT'S THAT EASY

Edited by Retarded

• Retarded changed the title to WHY DID THEY MAKE UNITY, TO LET RETARDS DO GAMES?!
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/14/2021 at 7:59 PM, Retarded said:

Do you even understand the line above? Let me try saying in simple words: fuckin Unity game editor let IDIOTS like you be "PROGRAMMERS" while you know SHIT about programming. Great ideaas go to waste. WHY DO I HAVE TO SEE EACH PARTICLE WHEN MINING, GET ME THE FRIKKIN MATERIALS IF THAT IS THE RPOBLEM. You are generating a ton of particles for no reason. Do you really create particles and then calculate if each hits the ship?!

Yes, I too have the problems you describe.
Yes, they were present before v1.0
Yes, they are still present in 2.0.9

While client performance certainly drops when many objects are on screen, the problems you're complaining about aren't related to the number of objects, the speed of processors, or the latency of networks. 

I'm running a server on localhost, giving it 8 (out of 12) threads on a 5600X with 16GB of RAM. 
The server isn't using those cores much - and there's no way to strain the network on localhost.
As for RAM, the client stays under 3GB and the server stays around 2GB.  
Resource-wise there are zero problems.

The problem is clearly a multi-threaded deadlock.
If the game had a 'single-threaded' mode that removed all mutexes and semaphores and TCP messaging, I'm sure it would run fine.

On 10/14/2021 at 7:59 PM, Retarded said:

WHY DO YOU FRIKKIN CODE THIS SHIT, TAKE IT OUT, DELETE IT, DON'T DECEIVE PPL IN WASTING 200+ HOURS OF GAMING JUST TO SEE NOTHINGNESS. I DARE YOU TO GET TO THE CENTER OF GALAXY AND TRY MINING WITH R-LASERS !!!!!

I'm a C / python / etc programmer.
I've written real-time systems with sub millisecond timing requirements.
I've also done plenty of batch processing, API request processing... etc.
Game programming is harder than all that.  I think I've met two programmers in my entire life who had the chops to code a multithreaded game engine. 
Both of them make more money than any game company could pay.

Multithreaded code is rare because deadlocks are very very hard to figure out.

I've known quite a few decent programmers, and many very good ones.  Almost none have the chops for games.
In fact I'd say that if we confined the set of game-programmers to people capable of writing multiplayer engines, we would never see a real-time 4x space game.
We'd be stuck with single threaded space games, because the top tier multithreaded multiplayer engines aren't simulating any part of the world where players aren't present.

Lets take a tour.

Elite Dangerous - Had roughly $1.8 million in funding.  IMO the best space game available - also multiplayer.  Last I checked it still has connection problems where you just get booted and can't log back in until the servers get rebooted.  Is that a multithreading problem, a networking problem or a database problem? Don't know but it wouldn't surprise me.
Star Citizen - $300 million (according to wikipedia).  Unreleased even after 7 years.
X - ALL SINGLEPLAYER. First 3 games were single threaded. First multithreaded game ("Rebirth") took years of development and released missing tons of expected features from previous games AND was super buggy for years. Egosoft even skipped numbering for it and launched their 5th game as "X4 Foundations" to convince their fans that they've re-implemented lost features that defined the first 3 games.
Stellaris - Largely single threaded.  Can't handle a heavily populated medium to large universe because they've coded an NP algorithm to update populations and they can't multithread it (and apparently can't optimize it although one would expect memoization would work well enough).
World of Warcraft - Single threaded, Used TCP - lost packets would freeze the game.  I had a Linksys router with a firmware bug that occasionally, but reliably miscalculated a tiny fraction of TCP checksums.  WoW was unplayable because one lost packet and you lost control.
Skyrim - primarily single threaded, zero networking, shipped without optimizations, a user noticed this and made a mod that restored like 20% performance by inlining just a few of the most important tiny function calls. I don't recall how many months (but multiple patches) later it they turned on optimization in a patch.  The volume of fixes in 3rd party patches dwarf Bethesda's officially released patches.

But enough of that - lets find out how much harder it is to write a multi-threaded program that actually uses concurrency without introducing deadlocks:

If you have the problem and the chops, then whip out wireshark and a debugger and identify the source of the deadlock.
I've seen entire codebases scrapped and rewritten from scratch because these problems are very tough to identify.
Good luck, a lot of people will be very happy if you succeed.

Edited by phezzan
  • Thanks 1