Design Mode

AvorionCraft

Suggestion

There's "Build Mode" but it requires an active ship.

"Design Mode" allows a "virtual design of a ship" in game without the use of resources or limitations, and is ENTIRELY client based. No communicating with servers---just the local machine. Once the design is saved, it can be loaded server side.

Design mode would be a resource independent, client-only (regardless of whether you are on a server), no-ship-required

This would allow a fix for things like:

• Having to log off a server to design in single player like a Neanderthal because of server communication time
  • "You do not have enough slots"
  • "You do not have access to that building material"

Honestly don't care if I don't have access to that material---I need to get into the ship so that I can fix what's missing/in place so that I CAN build it---without having to log off and go to single player to do it.

• Like 3

4 answers to this suggestion

I would love a "Design Mode"!

I often redesign the ship i currently fly. Sometimes i redesign it from scratch. Thereby i regularly run into several issues like:

- make ship smaller -> to much crew
- make ship bigger -> not enough crew
- rebuild cargo hold -> current cargo blows into space and fades away

So yeah, a "Design Mode" would be really great.

Edited by thoraya

I'd like to add to this the ability to work on rootless pieces to make into clipboard templates rather than having to build a sprue off an existing ship then build whatever cool looking structure and copying and saving that piece so I can paste it onto whatever ships I want to build.

• Like 1