Please make ships remember orders while players are offline again.

MimiNuyasaka

Suggestion

I want to be clear, I'm not saying for orders to HAPPEN while offline; mining while offline, I think, would be a cheap way for you to get money and resources, but I digress.

What I mean is simply for ships to remember upon logging in that they were supposed to be patrolling, mining, or whatever, and resume their order.

I don't know if it's a bug, an oversight when 2.0 was released, or was simply removed in 2.0 for whatever reason; I've set up four Avorion servers pre-2.0 where this was the default, so I'm not sure if it's just a config setting that was enabled by default but now isn't. I honestly can't fathom why it would be intentionally removed though. It negatively affects the gameplay for this to not happen, since if a friend logs in after I log out, and the sector all my ships are in is attacked by pirates, there's nothing that can be done about it (yes, this has happened). The ships don't remember to defend themselves anymore.

1 answer to this suggestion

In the other suggestion that I made you stated that you would like the old orders back. If you are ok with using mods the following mod will both bring the old mine, salvage, refine, loop orders back AND it will make your game remember the commands when you restart the game!

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2565262170

Edited by - Cy -