Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Swoks -Rewards, Aftermath, and Respawn

An Ning

Suggestion

Okay, so Swoks is a "pirate king" that all in the iron and titanium sectors fear...so why does no one acknowledge when he's killed -or when he comes back? And why does beating him have no result from factions?

My suggestion is beating Swoks should:
1) Have a faction territory he was near pay you a bounty for him (faction claiming the nearest civilized sector)
2) Gain some rep with faction territory he was near (factions of the stations in the nearest civilized sectot)
3) Have ships acknowledge his destruction (in convos and when "talking" to each other)
4) Have people question his destruction when he comes back

2 answers to this suggestion

8 hours ago, An Ning said:

Okay, so Swoks is a "pirate king" that all in the iron and titanium sectors fear...so why does no one acknowledge when he's killed -or when he comes back? And why does beating him have no result from factions?

My suggestion is beating Swoks should:
1) Have a faction territory he was near pay you a bounty for him (faction claiming the nearest civilized sector)
2) Gain some rep with faction territory he was near (factions of the stations in the nearest civilized sectot)
3) Have ships acknowledge his destruction (in convos and when "talking" to each other)
4) Have people question his destruction when he comes back

Points 3) and 4) are already in... some of the radio chatter talks about how "Swoks seems to come back all the time, almost as if he had doppelgangers". Might be nice to have a few more lines, and/or something more specific along the lines of "Did you hear someone finally defeated Swoks XXIII?" or even parroting the Swoks dialog option "Have you heard about that new pirate captain Swoks XLII, I wonder what happened to the other 41..."  ; )

But then, the "normal folks" might not even know him under his current iteration but simply as "Swoks", so he "looks" all the same to them since he only reveals his index to his prey – who usually don't live to tell the tale?

As for the first two, it would certainly add to the universe around feeling more "alive".

It already works if the player defeats a pirate attack in otherwise empty asteroid sectors near faction territory, so it might be a small change to make it happen here too, but then again it might not...

What I meant in 3 and 4 is sort of like this:

After destruction, during Swoks' respawn timer, things you will see pilots saying:
-Did you hear? Swoks is gone! Someone actually beat him!
-Someone defeated Swoks? What would someone who can do that be like?
-What kind of idiot would fight Swoks? And what kind of ship did he use to win?
- With Swoks gone, I can finally explore again!

After his timer ends you can see pilots saying:
-Maybe Swoks died and someone took his name. Or maybe... Swoks can't die.
-Exploring empty sectors is off the table with Swoks around.
-Are you sure? How can Swoks be back? Wasn't he killed?
-Whoever said they beat Swoks was a liar! He jumped me while I was mining. Took almost everything I had.