"Ship vaults" and "escape pods" to carry loot

An Ning

Suggestion

Problem: Loot (and wrecks) are despawning too fast in and after large battles.

An example is my latest fight against Swoks (I'm fighting him every 15 minutes, this guy's stalking me, I swear):
I killed him and his fleet in about 90 seconds.
While salvaging the second ship in the line (less than 5 minutes from entering the sector) loot was despawning -I'm assuming due to the number of items present in the sector (lots of dropped upgrades, torpedoes, etc).

This can get annoying, and if crowding is the issue, this suggestion might help (suggestion here) :

Upon destruction, ships drop "escape pods" and "armored vaults" (which do not despawn, and carry the color of the highest-tier item they possess) and carry the various loot from the ship's destruction -all the scrap and some alloy remains scattered for the "destruction" effect, and you can find more by luck if salvaging as you do now, but the majority of the "loot" is located in these small boxes that sit next to the wreck to reduce the amount of crowding in the sector and prevent the rushed despawning of loot and wreckage.

A way to make it further reduce crowding would be for ships to simply "acquire" the escape pods and vaults with tractor beams, and allow players to "search" them at the end of the fight -akin to loot boxes in some other games.

Edited by An Ning

0 answers to this suggestion

There have been no answers to this suggestion yet