Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Pause the friggin game during load screens!!!

Retarded

I had 4 miners mining a sector that was in relative safety (surrounded by friendly faction bases) However, some pirates made it in and I've got an alert.

Instead of using the RTS view (which also tends to bug out), I've mistakenly "switched to the ship in the sector". Loading the sector with only the asteroid field in it took a good 2-3 minutes to load on a Samsung 950 PRO SSD, Pentium i7 4200 GHz! After I finally jumped into my ship, all I saw was huge chunks of unprocessed Xionite which disappeared without a trace, after I brought heavy cavalry to deal with the friggin pirates.

In conclusion: PAUSE THE FRIGGIN GAME UNTIL I AM ABLE TO CONTROL MY SHIPS WHEN USING LOADING SCREENS.

I have about 10 more complaints about how ANNOYING this otherwise wonderful game can be, but I'll keep them to myself for now, as I think it would require you to completely reprogram the software and get rid of the local server (Ethernet is non-deterministic, ever heard of that?)