[QOL] Remove galaxy map sector selection

AvorionDude

Suggestion

There is a concept of a selected sector in the galaxy map. I'm not actually sure why or what you even use this for. It actually just gets in the way and makes things more confusing. If you remove the concept of selecting a sector the map will be simpler.

There are several things you want to do on a sector, and some depend on having 1 or more ships selected first. Nothing seems to care or use what sector is selected. If you right click a sector with a ship selected it's a jump gesture. If you right click without a ship selected then it's the sector context menu. It actually moves the selected sector where you right click so it's not even useful for like marking a sector you are interested in since it has no stickiness at all.

Also, doing box select wherever your boxing mouse gesture ends becomes the new selected sector. It's just a random white box with no real function, which leads to other QOL issues. For example Escape key is sort of universal 'de-select' which works if you have a ship selected. But when I get a random sector selection due to doing a box select for example I try to de-select it with escape almost on instinct. But if I don't have a ship selected to deselect then it just drops me from the galaxy map.

Edited by AvorionDude

0 answers to this suggestion

There have been no answers to this suggestion yet