Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

W+Space OR S+Space to make hyperjump

An Ning

Suggestion

I like the new hyperspace mechanic in 2.0.

I also like dashing forward to jump to lightspeed.

I note, however, that player ships are the only ones that do this. NPCs seem to sit still to charge up.

And...sometimes... there's an asteroid field (or scrapyard) between me and the direction I want to jump...making boosting forward to jump... logically unsound.

Suggestion: Enable W+space OR S+space to charge the hyperdrive, so player ships can boost into a jump, or slowly back away and jump, if something is in the way

2 answers to this suggestion

On 9/15/2021 at 3:30 PM, An Ning said:

And...sometimes... there's an asteroid field (or scrapyard) between me and the direction I want to jump...making boosting forward to jump... logically unsound.

But that's the main reason for the boost-to-hyperspace mechanic – a requirement to have a clear path towards the destination.

IMO the required accuracy is still way too lax, the zone where it allows a ship to go to warp is ridiculously large; most of the time asteroid fields aren't that dense that I couldn't easily point my ship past a few asteroids and boost right past them, and most of the time it even enters warp before coming anywhere near any asteroids anyway.

What I'd like there to be is that the hyperspace jump gets initiated by flying forward and pressing "jump", without having to keep pressing the keys. To abort a jump, one would have to decelerate instead.