Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

NPC vs NPC combat on insane difficulty is a little weird

IcarusPhoenix

So, I am very much enjoying the frightening damage the enemy ships deal to my ships and stations on insane difficulty. However when it comes to pirates, Xsotan, and faction ships shooting at each other, I find them killing each other a little too fast:

Best example is whenever there's a genuine distress signal from a faction having merchant ships being pinned down by pirates. If I go to that sector, those merchant ships gets destroyed in a matter of seconds (pretty much <10 seconds). Same goes for the random encounter where a single merchant ship joins a sector, fleeing from 3 pirate ships. Even if you're in firing range of the pirate ships, you hardly get to react before the merchant ship is destroyed. These issues makes it downright impossible to ever get more faction points or rewards from said encounters,

Another crazy thing that happens as a consequence of insane, is how quickly NPC faction wars, in sectors, resolve. Give it 5-10 minutes and you got yourself a free aftermath of a battlefield with huge ships containing plenty of material-intensive-blocks to salvage. Ofc that is, as long as you're not on bad terms with the winning faction that is.

My simple solution/suggestion would be, to have all ships and stations - Except for the ones controlled by players - have damage reduction from all sources but the players ships and stations.

(Edit): Oh yea, I should mention that this is what I experience inside the center on insane difficulty, but I believe the same applies for the outer areas of the galaxy too

Edited by IcarusPhoenix

• 2 weeks later...