Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Torpedo production like Fighter Production

Schmitt

Suggestion

it just make sense, of course if you use all your production lines to create fighters you can't create Torpedos and wise versa. As Module to find in a tec 30 and above Area.

What do you think?

I know there is a mod but i think it belongs in the base game.

6 answers to this suggestion

On 9/3/2021 at 7:23 PM, An Ning said:

I saw on the Steam forums a while ago that there was no intent to make torpedoes something you could produce.

Would be cool, but like chairs in minecraft, the devs said they don't want it.

yea true but intentions can change put something in try it if it doesn't work as intended remove it ... and if the community want them there is always a way ... if production on ships is too imbalanced put in a factory in the game which produces a blueprinted torpedo or something like that. There are a lot of ways to come up with something cool.

I think the big idea behind torpedoes is a rare, one-use weapon which you can only find, not produce. Given the absurd amount of damage they do, I think that to implement an idea like this, the only really balanced way would be to nerf the damage torpedoes do across the board.

No offense, but considering you can buy upwards of 300 torpedoes at a single Equipment Dock in the Naonite Regions, I see no reason why this is really necessary.

On 9/29/2021 at 1:38 PM, AvorionCraft said:

Torpedoes are anything but rare.

Torpedoes are far less complicated to produce than Fighters.

Ships can produce Fighters but not Torpedoes.

Yes you can buy torpedoes in bulk, but can you buy the torpedo you want.

We need torpedo production.

Absolutely yes. If torpedoes are able to be bought en masse with a specific warhead and body then they should be able to be produced on board. That said, doing such might be difficult to balance with the current torpedo system due to it not being materiel (iron/titanium) based. There is also the problem of how little torpedoes' range, speed, and acceleration (which may mean maneuverability would need to be increased as well) is improved as the game progresses compared to turreted weapons gaining much greater range, and types of weapons that have an inherently better range per tech level, in addition to their ability to spawn with ammo type modifiers that increase damage even further as tech level increases. This effectively causes torpedoes to be less and less useful as toward the center of the galaxy.