More targeting hotkeys: "next/nearest enemy that isn't a torpedo"

Nyrin

Suggestion

The beta branch recently got a new potential key binding for "target self" (the MMO F1). I love having that and now I'm reminded there's at least one more that would be very helpful!

I almost never want to actively select and target a torpedo or fighter. With the rare exception of occasional use of seeker weapons for extra PDC coverage, I trust defensive fire to do the right thing (and I'd be pretty useless doing it myself with dumbfire, anyway). That makes "target nearest enemy" a big source of frustration sometimes, especially in pirate sectors that generate near-constant incoming torpedoes. My ability to hotkey to a target is effectively denial-of-serviced and I find myself forced to resort to searching around with the mouse (meaning no aiming in the interim) and/or going to strategy view (in the middle of the fight!) looking for my next real target.

So the suggestion(s):

• I'd be perfectly fine with removing torpedo/fighter selection from the 'r' keybinding, but I suspect that's not universal and some people get more value out of it than I do.
  • To that effect, one or both of these as new eligible key bindings would be fantastic:
    • Target nearest enemy ship (not torpedo/fighter)
    • Target *next* enemy ship (not torpedo/fighter, could follow along the strategy view list of red names)

• Like 3

0 answers to this suggestion

There have been no answers to this suggestion yet