[Beta 2.0] Captain Level Progression Tree?

Vision-138

Suggestion

I posted the essence of this on the Discord Channel and it was suggested I post it here, as a suggestion.

Can there be a path of improvement for Captains from Tier 0 thru 3?

For example after a Tier 0 gains there specialty they could be placed in an academy that after a time would upgrade them to newly minted Tier 1 with appropriate bonuses and traits added.

then after gaining a number of levels they could go back to academy to upgrade to Tier 2 and so on.

Making it worth while to invest in our captains and their future rather than dump them as soon as we see the shiny new Tier 3 Captain. It would also offer a means of customizing the captain, as you could through the upgrade system influence the secondary class, if not flat out choose it. 

What do you guys think, if anybody in the community has other suggestions on how this "Idea" may be better implemented or structured feel free to comment.

I was just looking for a reason to keep my captains, after all they have done good by me, I would like to stand by them as well.

Thanks,

Jason

1 answer to this suggestion

Adding more depth to captain development and customization would be awesome!

I'd be happy with all sorts of things, but having some means of molding and improving captains over time is a fantastic idea. It'd be a better fix for the problem I noted in my almost concurrent suggestion, too: Better (and more expensive) captains closer to the core - Suggestions & Idea Voting - Avorion Forums 

The root of that is that the "best way to get the best captains" right now is to (repetitively and randomly) recruit/dismiss captains over and over again, which is boring and unfulfilling (IMO). Having a more deterministic and involved way of improving your existing captains would be more fun, add more sense of attachment to your crew (they have names, so I assume this is a goal), and add another interesting dimension to progression options.

Edited by Nyrin
  • Like 1