[2.0.1] Fighters Disappearing on Launch after transfer from one squad to a new squad or ship (work-around found)

SumoCow

Bug with Skinning system.

Just as with this post in Reddit, myself and others have seen this in a vanilla and modified server:

Steps to reproduce bug: Buy a fighter from Equipment Dock or Fighter Factory, or make a fighter from a turret. Transfer said fighter to a new squad or ship / station, and the skin may or may not follow with the fighter. Even if it does, the bug is present. if you were to make this into a Blueprint and make more fighters then launch them, or straight out launch that single fighter, the fighter will disappear from the hanger, not launch into space and not be re-callable back to hanger. Just poof, gone.

The work-around that I have found is as follows:

After transferring the fighter to another squad / ship, you MUST select the fighter skin icon and choose another skin. This can be done either before or after making the fighter into a blueprint and having the ship make more fighters from said blueprint. Full steps posted in this Imgur album: https://imgur.com/a/HZV8zil

Same steps need to be followed if copying from a fighter squad inside the same ship to a New Squad that does not already have a skin set for it.

The fighters can then be launched.

My specs, but happens on any client so far, per other reports of this issue happening on the server i play on, and others from Reddit:
Game client Version: 2.0.1 e925545ead6c [beta]

Windows 10.0.19041 build 19041

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 3696 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)

GPU: MSI NVidia GeForce GTX 10710 Ti 8 GB RAM

Edited by SumoCow

• 1 year later...

I played a bit on Tree Cafe official recently and saw a ton of random fighters just lost to the winds around major player sectors, it seemed odd so many extra drones (more than I have ever seen before) would be lost like that, now i know why.

2.0 really is riddled with bugs.