[2.0 BETA] Station-Type Captains

Shrooblord

Suggestion

Hey there!

I love the new Captains. However, I've started getting into that classic mid-game part of Avorion and am starting to notice that I'm 'abusing' certain types of Captains to give my Station Founder Ships certain buffs since no other Captains would give them anything beneficial. Maybe that's by design.

That said, here's some ideas for some more Captain classes / archetypes that are specifically geared towards running Stations:

• Economist
    • Business Sense: All trades performed at this Station get a mark-up or mark-down in prices in favour of the Station owner
  • Manufacturer
    • Driven: Increases Production output of your Factory by some flat/percentage bonus
    • Armada: +1 Concurrent Fighter Productions
  • Fleet Commander
    • I Send the Swarms: +1 maximum Fighter Squadrons allowed at this Station
    • Bullet Hell: all Fighters launched from this Station have +10% attack speed

And here's some ideas for upgrades to the currently existing classes, so that perhaps all Captains could be useful as an either/or Ship-or-Station-manning Captain. I.e., don't necessarily change anything about the current Captains, but add more Traits that give benefits when they man a Station specifically:

• Merchant
    • Market-Savvy: Draws more Traders to the system
  • Explorer
    • Quest Generator: Station generates special Bulletins that give you rewards for going on Exploration missions yourself (the Player)
  • Commodore
    • Intimidating: reduces likelihood of Pirate raids in this Sector. Stack multiple Stations all equipped with Commodores to create a 'Safe Haven', a sort of reverse Hazard Zone, where Traders feel like they can come and go as they please without having to worry about getting ambushed
  • Daredevil
    • Boistrous: Draws the attention of Pirates / Xsotan more than other targets in-Sector, allowing you to create Stations that are effective 'tanks' for the rest of your Ships/Stations in-Sector and/or distraction buoys some distance away from the more vulnerable targets, by drawing aggro from hostiles
  • Miner & Salvager
    • Industrious: When running a Resource Depot, increases yield from refining Raw Ore into Resources (i.e. 'bonus' to Resource output -- 'free' Resources)
  • Smuggler
    • "Licenced" Retailer: Turns this Station into a Smuggler's Outpost, where you can trade illegal goods and unbrand stolen goods. Severely reduces Trader traffic in-system (they don't like to hang around where the shady people of the Galaxy lurk)
Edited by Shrooblord
  • Like 1

1 answer to this suggestion

On 8/11/2021 at 1:12 PM, Shrooblord said:
  • Daredevil
    • Boistrous: Draws the attention of Pirates / Xsotan more than other targets in-Sector, allowing you to create Stations that are effective 'tanks' for the rest of your Ships/Stations in-Sector and/or distraction buoys some distance away from the more vulnerable targets, by drawing aggro from hostiles

Bonus points if they occasionally broadcast flavour text announcing how incredible they are

On 8/11/2021 at 1:12 PM, Shrooblord said:

Traders don't like to hang around where the shady people of the Galaxy lurk

I know it's just a game and realism be damned, but that is not how billionaires become as rich as they are... ; )

Edited by Valck
Oh how I love Invision™ WYSIWYDG...
  • Like 2