Avorion 2.0 BETA Progression Feedback.

Jethias

Suggestion

Hello Developers,

If you take the time to read this, I really appreciate it and thank you for all your hard work on an amazing game. 2.0 is good so far, but I wish we could build bigger ships without it impacting processing power. Maybe if engines/thrusters did not require processing power and generators? I know making a new system is hard to balance and I like what has been done so far. What would be a great option for 2.0, is if you could have a resource sink if you want to stay in the iron/titanium phase. For example, lets say I can buy an upgrade for 1 million titanium to double the size of my ship without it impacting processing power. That way I would still have to get building knowledge for the next phase to unlock sockets and having a bigger ship won't impact the phase I have already earned. It could be left as an option to those who are okay with their ship and decide to move on, or if you put more work into it you can get into the next phase more prepared. I really hope this is something you could look into. I like to farm and stockpile resources to build big things. I think those who put more work into that sort of thing should be rewarded. Otherwise, mining resources isn't as viable and seems pointless. Right now I feel like I have to rush into the next phase just to build a bigger, more creative ship.

Thanks for all you do.

Edited by Jethias

1 answer to this suggestion

Sadly it seems what many do not realize is the devs attempt to slow down the player becoming an OP God in their game. Difficulty mods became so popular because you could easily do this. Pre 2.0 you built ships with so much hp/size that there was no challenge to the game.
Now what they have done is added in a way to play without these restrictions through mods and game options. Perhaps be better to look into these options because it would seem a minority of the community are interested in reverting to being gods.
Simply a suggestion to keep your game moving forward. Also if modders can change it then you could always go in and change it too. Modding this game is not hard from what I understand.