Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Option to remove Adventurer.

Accensus

Suggestion

I like the guy and I know he wants to help me, but all he contributes to is polluting my mission list. Having to go through the "tutorial missions" on every new world stops being useful after pretty much the first world. And even on that one some of us are not really doing the missions because we like to figure stuff out on our own. Having an option to disable the Adventurer would be greatly appreciated. I understand this is mostly a "me" issue given that I could just ignore said missions, but there's the problem with being unable to abandon them, so you're either stuck with them or they annoy you for long enough that you actually go do them just to clean up the list (been there done that). The rewards are nice, but I'm personally willing to give those up in the name of a tidy mission list.

• Like 2

2 answers to this suggestion

I think that this should be a feature in any difficulties higher than 'easy'. Although, having the Adventurer either die for good or turn evil might be a cool plot extension from the XWG. Y'know, while you were away fighting the XWG (without him, and without a word of thanks for all his assistance) he spreads enough rumors that all the AI but your allies turn on you. The galaxy becomes a hostile place, save for a few friendly factions. 

And the Adventurer becomes a despot, I dunno, at the edge of the galaxy? Maybe gets Operation Exodus together under the idea that you've become the next Xsotan?

Just spitballing. TL;DR, he's not annoying enough for me to warrant removal. Heck, I should give him something for babying me onto the galactic throne.

Definitely be nice (maybe an unlockable feature after the first playthrough?)

2 cents 😉

• Like 1

I think one of the first dialog options should be "Yup, I know the ropes.  Thanks, but if I need anything I'll let you know."  Then, allow us to pick and choose if we want to run through any of the missions through one of the UIs somewhere like the encyclopedia.

I'm actually almost partial for replacing him with a semi-decent, free captain. 😉

• Like 2