Build mode small/QoL Improvements

Fermuto

Suggestion

Two separate suggestions:

1. Lighting options in build mode, specifically removing shadows. editing interiors or even areas that are slightly enclosed by other blocks is hell, because you can't see a thing. The only temporary fix is reloading the save file, immediately going into build mode and doing as much as you can until the game remembers to re-render the shadows
20210806181535_1.thumb.jpg.2c35c2d588b7e455b17c64fde83d7520.jpg

As shown above, there is actually very complex geometry in the middle area, but I can't see any of it due to the shadows. They are also mixed material (titanium, naonite and some trinium), so I can't use the material filter, either.

2. Options to turn off the hatched red silhouettes that pop up after you delete something in build mode. Currently, their behavior is extremely unpredictable (sometimes they don't even show up, sometimes they never despawn, even after exiting/re-entering build mode). This sometimes forces a reload of the save file, as sometimes deleted blocks will still persist visually after exiting build mode, and sometimes when doing heavy editing, the silhouettes will not disappear making it very difficult to see the ship.

• Like 2

2 answers to this suggestion

Upvoted. I'm having the same problem and will check out Fury's suggestion with the graphics settings now.

But it would be nice if one would not have to choose between nice graphics when flying, good lighting when building and changing graphic settings all the time.

• Like 1