Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

[2.0] Captains going rogue on log-off

Zernin

I'm new to the game, and have only ever played 2.0, so please do tell me if this is expected behavior.

Both me and a friend have had an interesting issue pop up in the beta. We'll log off in a system for the night in a ship with a captain after flying a few hundred KM away for safety, log back in in the morning, and all of a sudden we are at war with the locals, near a station, with auto-turrets shooting things up. Anyone know what's going on, and if this is user error or a 2.0 bug?

Apparent steps to reproduce:
1. Have a ship with decent military capability, a few PDC, some turrets on auto.
2. Have a military type captain on the ship. 
3. Fly to a sector where you have base neutral reputation, and the faction has a significant presence (a few stations). 
4. Log off for a while. (Mine was hours, probably can occur much faster)
5. Log back in.

Result:
The local faction is now at war with you.

Expected result:
Your captain gives the crew a well deserved break.

Further information on this (or a similar) issue, I flew into a sector my friend had parked in. On my arrival I found his ship firing on the equipment dock. I have a significantly more massive ship, so I pushed his ship away thinking his cannons were just randomly firing. His ship flew back and resumed its attack. I think this has to do with the sector being loaded. In my case, the shield was not breached, so no loss of rep because he was able to log in and warp away while I put my ship between him and the station.