When was Fighter damage reduced to 15% of a turret?

Avoria

Fighters on the beta branch currently only do 15% of a turret, meaning you'd have to produce 7 of them (out of 12 in a squadron) to get more DPS than a single turret on your ship. Spending the amount of time (which, depending on the quality of the fighter can take 30 minutes to create a full squadron) and resources to build a full squadron of fighters would result in about an 80% increase in the DPS of the single turret, with the possibility of each fighter (especially given their absurdly low health) being destroyed and needing to be replaced. The amount of effort, specialization, and maintenance you'd have to do to setup a carrier with several squadrons of fighters (that is if they survive) is not met with a worthwhile reward. 

Why was fighter damage reduced to 15%? The community perceives them as being powerful, and they can be for several reasons, but this change just brings them to "Not even worth my time" unless you just like them despite the math and effort put in making no sense. Change the percentage to 20-25%. Just because something is powerful doesn't mean you need to throw it into the gutter when it comes to practicality. It already takes modules to support several squadrons, to make people work for and specialize their ship to achieve this kind of firepower, but if you're just gonna stomp fighters by cutting their damage in half from 30%, what's the point? You're going to make us work harder to get something that you severely nerfed to the point of impracticality?

Hi,

15% ? Well, which size of turret? It should be based on turret-size, firing-cycle and so on...

Take a look at ~/.steam/steamapps/common/Avorion/data/scripts/entity/merchants/fighterfactory.lua (on Linux), lines 730+:

for _, weapon in pairs({turret:getWeapons()}) do
            weapon.damage = weapon.damage * 0.3 / turret.slots
            weapon.fireRate = weapon.fireRate * fireRateFactor
            weapon.reach = math.min(weapon.reach, 350)

fighter:addWeapon(weapon)
        end

30% of a 1-Slot turret - in the best case.

On 8/1/2021 at 10:20 AM, unbekannt1984 said:

Hi,

15% ? Well, which size of turret? It should be based on turret-size, firing-cycle and so on...

Take a look at ~/.steam/steamapps/common/Avorion/data/scripts/entity/merchants/fighterfactory.lua (on Linux), lines 730+:

for _, weapon in pairs({turret:getWeapons()}) do
            weapon.damage = weapon.damage * 0.3 / turret.slots
            weapon.fireRate = weapon.fireRate * fireRateFactor
            weapon.reach = math.min(weapon.reach, 350)

fighter:addWeapon(weapon)
        end

30% of a 1-Slot turret - in the best case.

This was an error on my part, as the turret had additional slots. I hadn't played in years, and forgot about that mechanic, however when I brought it up to the community, I was told it was a "bug" which made no sense. No one corrected me on the turret slot factor, so I thought it was a legitimate reduction in fighter base DPS.