Small ships now require engineer and mechanic?

FuryoftheStars

Ok, so if you've reduced the amount of required crew, why is my ship now requiring an engineer and mechanic when it didn't under 1.3.8? My ship is a small, 47x14x45 design with 155 hp and 8.77k m^3 volume. Biggest block in it is a 1x1x1 titanium generator that produces 82.5 MW.

I mean, I suppose I'd be ok with this if it was the only way to get the overstaffing bonus for ships that otherwise wouldn't require them (though, really, it should be possible without requiring them), but you also cut the default crew space in half. So now, a small starter like this that I slap the default 3 guns on (1 unarmed, 1 armed, 1 arbitrary) becomes over populated. My ship isn't even big enough for me to replace anything with crew quarters and have it +1 to crew space. 😕

You should either:
A) Revert the minimum engineer/mechanic requirements back to 0 (again, if this was to allow for overstaffing to work, there are other ways....)

or

B) Keep the default crew space for a new ship at 8 or something. I mean, under the old system, you could equip a small ship with up to 4 turrets with untrained crew (2 per turret x 4 turrets = 8 crew), so maybe now with only 1 per turret, plus these 2 engineer and mechanic, make it at least 6?