Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Please bring back old mouse steer controls as an option!

PetreskoBG

At the moment mouse steering feels like an awkward cross-breed between Free Look and the old Mouse Steering.
When the ship is idle it's annoyingly difficult to adjust it's heading - you must press movement keys to activate the automated controls that steer the ship towards your point of view.
I hope this will be addressed by the end of the beta as it is a huge deal-breaker for me.

Also with the new hyperjump system there needs to be a way to clear jump coordinates, as having coordinates set in prevents you from using boosters in the direction of the jump point.

Edited by PetreskoBG

+1 from me!

Edit: IF YOU HAPPEN TO READ THIS... Yes, there is now an option to re-enable the old method.  This was added after this feedback post was made.  As such, this is now OLD and there is no need to comment further!

Edited by FuryoftheStars

On 7/28/2021 at 10:27 PM, PetreskoBG said:

At the moment mouse steering feels like an awkward cross-breed between Free Look and the old Mouse Steering.
When the ship is idle it's annoyingly difficult to adjust it's heading - you must press movement keys to activate the automated controls that steer the ship towards your point of view.
I hope this will be addressed by the end of the beta as it is a huge deal-breaker for me.

Also with the new hyperjump system there needs to be a way to clear jump coordinates, as having coordinates set in prevents you from using boosters in the direction of the jump point.

Have you tried the option called "Always Turn Ship", in the Controls menu? It enables the old way of functioning for the Mouse Steering mode.