Trinium Computer Core How does the math work?

Kane Hart

I been playing around with it. From what I can tell it can help add maybe another 2 systems on smaller ships but after that it seems to have almost no added effect. I was wondering if someone knows the ins and outs on how it exactly works outside of that. I kept try a bunch of scaling tests and it only seem effective on small builds.

hi :)

the "computercore-blocks" are useful, if you build it in "large blocks" on your ship.

if you go to the build-menu, on the right hand side, you found your maximum value of upgrade slots.

so much bigger your computer-core-blocks are, your upgrade slots gets an higher value.

i don´t find an special algorythm for this. eventually it has an context with the mass of your ship.

(how huger, you need bigger computer-core-blocks)

I've not tested it beyond finding they appear to have quickly diminishing returns, past those first two slots. Can get 1 extra slot with relatively little, 2nd with a bit more, but that 3rd is going to take a significant investment in materials and ship mass/volume to get. Current ship I'm running with, I did that only cause I was going big anyway.

SSjQw7s.png

Should it continue as I suspect, a 4th slot from computer cores at this point would mean most of the ship is computer core. 10 slots total on that thing already.

Well, just for the sake of confusion, the claim in the module tab that you need 128cm^3 for the second slot turns out to be incorrect, instead only requiring 48k. Given that, I decided to avoid investigating Computer cores for the time being, since they are clearly bugged at this time.