Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Ships should not load in sector until after the player leaves the loading screen

FuryoftheStars

Suggestion

6 answers to this suggestion

Agree with this. I thought that was already how it worked when you turned off the "press space to continue" screen and was very unpleasantly surprised to find out that I was wrong.

Edited by Sathaerz

There could be an issue with this for those of us that do not have slow load times. I have over 1k hours and never has my ship been in combat before I could load in. I exceed all the game requirements though and do not play on a overpopulated buggy server so this could add to that positively.

If it takes me 2 seconds to load in and the ship is not there fast enough now you create another issue of I am in my drone and gets destroyed. Would seem to me if you are not in an area example Nanoite  before you are ready for it then you should be destroyed. Trying to push to the end of the game too quickly skipping over much content should come with consequence. Actually had that happen to me yesterday but see I choose to not pay at the same time had plenty of time to answer the hail.

Not trying to speak against your hardware but ever think that this loading screen issue is something that needs to be fixed on your end instead of the games?

31 minutes ago, Dawg711 said:

There could be an issue with this for those of us that do not have slow load times. I have over 1k hours and never has my ship been in combat before I could load in. I exceed all the game requirements though and do not play on a overpopulated buggy server so this could add to that positively.

If it takes me 2 seconds to load in and the ship is not there fast enough now you create another issue of I am in my drone and gets destroyed. Would seem to me if you are not in an area example Nanoite  before you are ready for it then you should be destroyed. Trying to push to the end of the game too quickly skipping over much content should come with consequence. Actually had that happen to me yesterday but see I choose to not pay at the same time had plenty of time to answer the hail.

Not trying to speak against your hardware but ever think that this loading screen issue is something that needs to be fixed on your end instead of the games?

I think you're completely misunderstanding the issue and the solution I'm proposing.  I'm in no way saying that you should drop in via drone until your ship is loaded.  I'm saying that so long as you are at the loading screen, you and your ship are simply never loaded into the sector for other craft to interact with.  Once everything else is done, then it can load you in and drop you out of the loading screen.

And thanks for assuming I have **** hardware or am not ready for an area?  My computer is probably better than 70% of the people that play this game, but it still takes upwards of 10 secs to load into a crowded sector.  So congrats on being in the top 1% if that's not an issue for you.  Further, the ship I was using in the case that prompted me to post this is able to wipe the floor with massive amounts of pirates (so many it's causing the sector to lag) just 2 sectors over from where this issue occurred without breaking a sweat (I can literally park the thing and let autofire take care of stuff).  But on first contact with this faction I had never met before, they were already at war with me and their dozen sector patrol crafts came over and started pounding on me immediately.  And sector patrol craft get damage and health buffs far above and beyond what pirates or the other stuff gets.  As it was I was still able to destroy close to half of them before they killed me.  If it weren't for the loading issue, I wouldn't have come out of the loading screen to find my shields at <10% and I'm pretty sure I could've taken them all.

To add on to FuryOfTheStars' point - I don't really care if someone is "ready for the area" or not. And it is completely irrelevant to the discussion. If they're not, they'd get wiped out shortly after loading invincibility anyways.

It's just problematic to have things happening while a loading screen is up. Imagine if that happened in a MMO or a FPS?

Edited by Sathaerz

Agreed; there's really not much of an opportunity to exploit this given that there's hyperspace cooldown to contend with (with a disruptor present, it's considerable). If your ship just outright isn't built to fight or get away, then yeah--you get blown up, just a few seconds later when you can actually see it happen.

But especially with Avorion's direction moving towards more ships, it's completely reasonable to build things that are designed to take a few seconds of fire and then flee; you really shouldn't be shoehorned into every ship you use being a combat juggernaut with 5M+ shields.

I also really doubt that anyone is loading into a complex sector in "2 seconds." Empty ones, sure, but anything with a bunch of asteroids/ships/stations (like most of the sectors with pirates in them!) take a lot longer. Let alone the occasional sector with many giant container fields--I've been convinced that the game froze on those. Regardless, though, if the only way you feel less disadvantaged is better hardware, that's not good design past reasonable minimums.

Edited by Nyrin