Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Faction insignia for NPC factions and/or more faction insignia graphics

FramFramson

Suggestion

A pair of suggestions which kind of go together.

Could the randomly-generated faction ships also have a randomly-generated faction symbol (probably in colours matching their faction design) on each of their ships?

To aid in this and also to just add additional logo options for ourselves, could we get some more graphics added to the faction symbol menu?

Right now it's clear that the graphics in the faction symbol menu are almost all repurposed ones from in-game icons (especially annoying when the icon being recycled is slightly asymmetrical). Branching out a bit from this would be great! Especially just semi-basic shapes like stars with various numbers of points (5-point, 8-point, etc.), compass rose, polygons like pentagons/hexagons, etc., A few more fiddly shapes as well (maybe solicit additions or just find a theme for a few more) analogous to the icons, like a mini-starfield (a half-dozen small stars), a couple of generic ship-esque shapes (rocket, delta-wing, etc.), or similar ideas. 

Would be nice, thanks!

Edited by FramFramson
tags

3 answers to this suggestion

True, and I'd love all those suggestions, but that's more all-encompassing (and some of them are being implemented in 2.0 anyway). 

Actually I'm hoping that an eventual goal for the devs is a major faction overhaul to add more distinct personalities and depth to factions.

But for now, just giving them unique symbols at least is a small enough request to maybe slip in to a lesser update? 😉 And of course giving the player more symbol-making options would be nice.

Edited by FramFramson

Since the suggestion is similar to mine I'll just agree with your suggestion. And since it's smaller, I do hope it can slip in to a lesser update. :)

I mean the icon here is already a perfect spot for faction insignia.

image.thumb.png.e9b53056165d8125338ac9bb7e790772.png

While we're at this, the color on the faction list should be colors that represent faction's color instead of our relationship with them. Or make it toggleable like in the Galaxy Map view.