Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

New Foundry Block

Thanatozz

Suggestion

9 answers to this suggestion

That resource depots don't need assembly blocks... They actually don't need anything, you can build a resource depot that's just a stone cube. It would actually be nice if resource depots would need foundry blocks to work. I think that would be a really  nice addition to the game.

On 7/18/2021 at 1:55 AM, FuryoftheStars said:

So, a refining block?  What would be the point behind resource stations then?

1 hour ago, Sagitarius said:

That resource depots don't need assembly blocks... They actually don't need anything, you can build a resource depot that's just a stone cube. It would actually be nice if resource depots would need foundry blocks to work. I think that would be a really  nice addition to the game.

Then the request should be to have resource depots actually require assembly blocks rather than creating a whole new block specifically for that station type, yes?

On 7/20/2021 at 11:32 AM, FuryoftheStars said:

Then the request should be to have resource depots actually require assembly blocks rather than creating a whole new block specifically for that station type, yes?

One could also make the assembly block do what the suggested foundry block would be able to do, but why not introduce a new block type? Furthermore, the new block wouldn't just be for that one station type, but also for ships to process ores and scrap in place and I think that would be a great feature. 

38 minutes ago, Sagitarius said:

One could also make the assembly block do what the suggested foundry block would be able to do, but why not introduce a new block type? Furthermore, the new block wouldn't just be for that one station type, but also for ships to process ores and scrap in place and I think that would be a great feature. 

Well, because you are asking for a whole new block type for 1 purpose when we already have something that would be suitable for the role.  If we didn’t already have something that would be appropriate for this, then I’d be on board, but we do, so I just see it as bloat.

1 hour ago, FuryoftheStars said:

Well, because you are asking for a whole new block type for 1 purpose when we already have something that would be suitable for the role.  If we didn’t already have something that would be appropriate for this, then I’d be on board, but we do, so I just see it as bloat.

There are already quite some blocks that only serve one purpose, like the transporter block, the academy block or the cloning vats. Or one of the more undesirable blocks, the computer block. I see no reason why this is a problem for us players.

5 hours ago, Sagitarius said:

There are already quite some blocks that only serve one purpose, like the transporter block, the academy block or the cloning vats. Or one of the more undesirable blocks, the computer block. I see no reason why this is a problem for us players.

Yes, but none of those have a second block that does something so similar that it leaves you wondering why there are two of them.

Again, it makes more sense to just give this property to the existing assembly blocks than creating a whole new block for it.

13 hours ago, FuryoftheStars said:

Yes, but none of those have a second block that does something so similar that it leaves you wondering why there are two of them.

Again, it makes more sense to just give this property to the existing assembly blocks than creating a whole new block for it.

Yes, there is... If you look at my enumeration, I mentioned the cloning pods and the academy... These could be put together into one crew production block. So why not have two or more blocks for production?

5 hours ago, Sagitarius said:

Yes, there is... If you look at my enumeration, I mentioned the cloning pods and the academy... These could be put together into one crew production block. So why not have two or more blocks for production?

Really. You think that the place where you grow people could double as classrooms?

Edit: Regardless of whether Academies are sit down classrooms with accelerated time frames (I mean, our crew are paid every few hours, right?) or if they're places where people sit in chairs with things hooked up to their heads so they can be "programmed", this process is still quite different from growing a person.  Further, Academies are available a tier earlier than cloning and allow the training of standard crew that were not grown.

So yes, I do consider those as different and should not be combined.

A configurable manufacturing environment that's available from the start for the purposes of producing goods, however, is totally the same as a manufacturing environment that's available from the start for the purposes of refining ore.

Edited by FuryoftheStars