AI mining priorities

Ragran

Suggestion

It would be great if we could make the AI miners set to mine certain ore only, mining system upgrade is currently useless so maybe it can be made that it have to be installed to activate the priority set feature.

4 answers to this suggestion

3 hours ago, Ragran said:

It would be great if we could make the AI miners set to mine certain ore only, mining system upgrade is currently useless so maybe it can be made that it have to be installed to activate the priority set feature.

Mining system upgrade allows seeing of hidden resource asteroids, for the AI as well, so I wouldn’t call it useless.

That said, I would like to see this feature as well and agree that it should be tied to the mining system upgrade (as that makes the most sense).

On 7/17/2021 at 6:24 AM, FuryoftheStars said:

Mining system upgrade allows seeing of hidden resource asteroids, for the AI as well, so I wouldn’t call it useless.

That said, I would like to see this feature as well and agree that it should be tied to the mining system upgrade (as that makes the most sense).

I hadn't played the game for so long I didn't realise there are hidden asteroids. Was that always a thing?

5 hours ago, Ragran said:

I hadn't played the game for so long I didn't realise there are hidden asteroids. Was that always a thing?

I'm not sure when they put it in, but I started playing in Aug '19 and they were there then.  Granted, AI miners and Autofire turrets were able to "see" them then without the upgrade.  That was fixed sometime later before 1.0 dropped.

Absolutely yes, especially if it can prioritize certain ore types over others. Thankfully, Rinart73 has made just a pretty good version of it and a little over 2k people that use it. But if it's that popular it should definitely be in the base game for sure, and people shouldn't sacrifice steam achievements for it. Same goes for Rinart73's auto-research mod.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1983292357

Edited by Redoneter