Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Suggestion regarding turret base in building mode

Leon

Suggestion

Recently, I started applying designs on the turret base with workshop turrets. During the editting process, I thought of some features that WILL make the process easier, less annoying and save time. I don't know whether they are posted here or not, so this is what I thought:

1) Return to camera's last known position after exit turret edit mode: Everytime I exit the turret edit mode, the camera would change to the center of the ship up close. I have to zoom out and locate the next turret base I want to edit. If I have 20 turret base to edit, I have to zoom out, rotate the ship, and click on the turret base for 20 times. I had this experience recently and I'm annoyed since the ship is long and has more than 30 turret base. I would like to suggest that have the system remember camera position before I enter turret edit mode, and return to that position when I exit turret edit mode.

2) Apply design to multiple turret base: I suggest implement a feature that let player edit multiple turret base at once. If all selected turrret base have the same width, allow the design to apply to them, scale up/down if needed. If there are different turret base width among the selected, system can deny the action, scale up/down, or display UI etc.

3) Scale up turret base design: Scale up a design that is smaller than the turret base would be nice to have.

4) Edit turret rotation lock blocks: This has been purposed on the forum before, but I still want to add it here. I want to have certain turret to face a direction only, and apply design on it. However those turret rotation lock blocks cannot be edit. I suggest that it should be designable. If not, add lock turret rotation feature to the normal turret base.

5) Turn off auto-save warning sound/notification: Edit turret base 20 times and I get this warning 20 times. It's annoying and I would like to have the feature of turning off the sound or simply don't show notification at all. Also same goes for ship building too.

These are my suggestion for the time being. They are not major changes to the game, so if developers could read this and implement them into the game, I'm sure it will be welcomed by everyone.

1 answer to this suggestion