Pirate Factions

- Cy -

Suggestion

Pirates are not different from any other faction in theory. It makes no scence that they should not have their own territory of more than just one sector and it makes even less scence that one cant become allied with at least some of them. This partly forces the player into playing as the "good guy/girl"

I say (re-)introduce pirates as interactable factions into the game and make them more rare than other common npc factions.

The result is me feeling nostalgic about a game version where pirates could indeed spawn as a faction. They destroyed my ship as soon as I warped in. I got my revenge by returning to the sector and whiping them from it. It breaks the now monotone gameplay and gives the players more opportunities.

If you like you can make these pirate factions more special by making them only own asteroid sectors where the stations are hidden inside asteroid fields, maybe even adding asteroid station designs.

In this game every npc ship is a "trash mob" if the player decides so. That is not a reason to treat pirates only as spawnable enemies besides the xsotans.

To make sure that other factions will lose relations in order to increase the reputation with a pirate faction make the pirate faction only gain reputation when other non pirate npc ships and stations are being destroyed.

If you decline this Idea please at least allow modders to modify factions to their liking
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is not a copy and paste Idea but a rough explanation of what kind of changes I would like to see for pirate factions!

0 answers to this suggestion

There have been no answers to this suggestion yet