More economic info please!

OmegaConstruct

Suggestion

When I'm building an economic empire, I'd like to know more details. Currently we can only look at our total cash, an individual station's (inaccurate) total income/expenditures, and a long list of sales in the economy chat window. I'd like a page in the player menu with a full economic overview of my entire empire. I'm talking graphs and charts, data that can be parsed by station type, sector, "economic impact range", etc. There are a million ways this could be implemented, but here are a few specific things that I think would add great depth to the economic side of the game, and make it more playable and manageable:

1. ability to enter a station's "trade goods" menu from the galaxy map/player menu fleet page
  2. graphs showing cash, ores, and goods over time for your entire empire, that is also sortable by ships, station types, by sector, sector range, etc.
  3. list of all stations sortable by profit, expenses, etc.
  4. cash spent on founding and upgrading a station should be added to that station's "expenses" column so you can *actually* know how much money that station has made you.

These are just a few ideas, but there is a ton more room for expanding the available information on the economic side of this game. 

• Like 1

2 answers to this suggestion

Agreed and upvoted, but should probably point out there was already another thread that I think was very similar or the same.  I'm just gonna drop the link here and suggest that anyone upvoting this one should probably follow through and upvote the other, too, seems it's already got quite the count going.