What's the point in faction wars?

russweis

I understand the point of gathering reputation to get cheaper prices and better sales from equipment docs etc. But what is the point of fighting against other factions. I do occasionally see one faction warp in and blow up a station or 2 before getting wiped out. My only issue is I don't have a reason to wanna ally with anyone or go to war with anyone. It seems like the gameplay element is there but without motivation.  I can't help but feel like I need to go to war and to kill my allies enemies. However I do not know who their enemies are. I just feel like there needs to be some kind of motivation.

On 7/6/2021 at 4:27 PM, russweis said:

I understand the point of gathering reputation to get cheaper prices and better sales from equipment docs etc. But what is the point of fighting against other factions. I do occasionally see one faction warp in and blow up a station or 2 before getting wiped out. My only issue is I don't have a reason to wanna ally with anyone or go to war with anyone. It seems like the gameplay element is there but without motivation.  I can't help but feel like I need to go to war and to kill my allies enemies. However I do not know who their enemies are. I just feel like there needs to be some kind of motivation.

To be honest, I don't see why you'd want to go to war/ally at all. It does happen to feel like that, but besides a lot of fighting (and I mean a LOT), you can just stay out of the way of that faction, or warp in and claim they fired the first shot before you wipe them out. I've got one faction that I'm at war with and could pirate all I wanted to, but I'd rather wait until my allies give me a privateering license 🙂

To be honest, I'd rather have it that way - except if they wanted to shake things up in boring ol' sectors, I'd recommend on difficulties higher than 'Normal' they actually bring in overwhelming forces and you have to participate in the defense of the system.

2 hours ago, Blackhorse_Six_ said:

I couldn't possibly imagine that some other human might just want to conquer the galaxy ...

Nope, not at all ... Absolutely beyond the realm of possibility ...

Once I reach the center, all my allies will be the only AI factions that will not be subjugated 😄

Can't I just board the stations of AI factions and have them produce goods for me? Or do I have to re-buy them?

• 4 weeks later...

Oh ... Errr did you already shot a station of a faction at war ? Like Pirates, easier ones 🙂 With crew to aboard & steal ship/station ? 🙂 
it need around 250-300 guys to take a Shipyard from pirates ^_^ Then you can steal their station to expand your influence !! \o/

And with factions who have gates... Hum hum 🙂 Well im starting and a bit poor for now (barely half a billion). But im progressing in my solo game 😄  2.0 add lot of nice new stuff like civilian shuttles to supply & other orders & etc