Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Fighters Seems Lacking is it just me?

Juckslasher

So my plan was to create the ultimate playable carrier, rather than focus on AI carriers but I found out when you control the carrier the range of the mining fighters only seem to be arounf 2-2.5k which isnt that far at all. I feel like this should at least be somewhat upgradable like perhaps increase range with the "Mining System" Upgrade, because that upgrade does effect the range of AI ships but not for fighters what so ever. Any form of range extension would be awesome as right now they are extremely expensive for how limited they are. I'm also afraid to try any sort of combat righter as even with points into durability barely increases hp while enemies maul those kind of hp, I know they have a dodging mechanic and all but eventually when the enemies do hit they would I think go pop. I would like to know a little bit more about all the kinds of fighters such as borders and cargo fighters and their uses but with the things i've tested seems not worth the effort and resources right now.

• 3 weeks later...

I still stand for the mining fighters changes to allow for more active use of fighters rather than ai controlled ships allowing unlimited range while when your controlling ships its limited to 2-2.5km. But the announced fighter changes do sounds interesting, my only worry is that are they still going to rush in and die even if they are long ranged weapon fighters.

• 2 weeks later...

Errr i tried to put x2 Docking Range Booster , it looked to work (i think) , did you tried ? Now with new mining mission it's not very useful i thinkย (who allow you to upgrade captains, and maybe create Miners Captains, idk). Mission do not use ressources in sectors i think, but you can still mine manually to gather a sector where you spotted nice asteriods.

I did like you ๐Ÿ˜„ I made my "nero" from Star Trek, i converted a pirate mothership into a mining carrier full of R-mining roid 42 dps in xanion for now. i'll put a screen when he ll be back from his new 2 hour mission ๐Ÿ˜„ my captains are only level 1 -rank 0 for now ๐Ÿ˜„. I just bought somes few sec ago, idk their english names, but i think they are for trading thoses i got (its guys from station where you can hack / sell stolen stuff)