Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Fleet Commands mission won't complete

Boas

Hello. I've only been playing this game for a week or so, but I love it so far! Unfortunately I'm having a problem with one of the tutorial missions:

445220_20210701223458_1.png.aa920feb09003d4ddc2a511b9408df67.png

As you can see, I've somehow completed the second step of this mission without triggering the completion condition for the first. I've also used the galaxy map to have Lady Adventurous move back to 420:160. That step isn't completing, either. Her ship is still part of my fleet. When I talk to the Adventurer, I'm told I can keep Lady Adventurous, her ship, and its crew. Malolskla then gives me a line about going off to find a way to cross the Great Barrier. This seems like dialogue meant to signal mission completion, but it doesn't complete. Malolskla stays in the system and I can keep greeting the ship with the same inconclusive result.

I can't abandon the mission and I haven't gotten credit for the Guidebook for Captains mission. I wish I could say something about how to possibly replicate this problem, but this is my first playthrough.

Thanks for such a fun game! Please let me know if any additional information is needed.

• Like 1

So...

Since this is most likely a bug (which I've never encountered), I won't be able to give exact advice. The best I can give you is restarting the save, the game, and your computer, in that order, and then jumping Lady Adventurous in and out of the sector a few times. Failing ALL that, I'm afraid you'll have to dig deep into the files of the game to (justifiably) cheat your way out.

One thing that messed me up the first time I did this mission was that I jumped Lady into the wrong sector. It's pretty easy to do, and the game doesn't give super clear instructions sometimes, so...

Not sure if that will help, but that's the best I can think of off the top of my head.

• 2 weeks later...

Bit of an update on this situation: I made my way closer to the center of the galaxy, and the Adventurer showed up again with the same (or similar, not sure) dialogue as that first Fleet Command mission. Basically, I was given the mission again, and this time I was able to successfully complete it. I don't know why this was triggered (I can only speculate that it was due to traveling very far from the original mission), but it's nice having it cleared from my mission logs.