Rebuild research station

Mighty Brankor

Suggestion

Hi,

The actually research lab is a fortune game to get better sub system items. It is sometimes a pain and timegrab to fly arround to 20-50 other station that get some blue or gold items like shieldbooster or weaponsystem to research them to a legendary item.
I know it can be fun to grind pirates a scrapyard for system items but often it is only a time grinding to maximate my ship with the best system. 

My suggestion is an addon there you can upgrade a weapon or system item with the craft material like the weapon factory. 
Example: I got a blue schieldbooster. I can use ammount of material like steelplates, generator and other stuff to get a gold Shieldbooster and can upgrade them to a rare and at last a legendary. 
Or I can build them for many Money and craft material to create them. It would make the stations like more interresting as the suply dock. 

• Like 1

3 answers to this suggestion

Would totally be down for this long as balance stays, maybe limit what you can build to your status with a faction just like buying is? 

Wouldn't be able to build a Gold with a faction to which you are not Excellent with. so on and so forth.

• Like 1

This system is more for the end game. I got dozen of sub-systems but not the 5th (insert what you miss) and for 80% to get the red drop. This is for me no more an option if I played 5 hours to find 4x Gold Teleport system.
The balance is like that you need many money and material like if you build your own Tech 52 Guns. 🙂 

For the early game or mid game there will be the paywall like you need the fraction bonus to use this this option and the money.

I'm not sure I see the difference to how it is now?  You either take the time to get the needed number of turrets/systems for the research upgrade, or you take the time to gather up commodities?

Also, using less than 5 for each research cycle is actually perfectly viable.  In fact, if you do out the math, in the long run, using 3 per cycle is actually more beneficial than either 4 or 5.  I mean, think about it.  Let's take 15 items.  Running three 5 item cycles with a 100% chance will net you 3 upgraded items.  Running five 3 item cycles with a 60% chance, on average, will also net you 3 upgraded items, plus 2 items of the original rarity that you can feed back in with the next group of items you get (so you need two less to start the same cycle all over again).