Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

[Factions] Allow territory control among factions and diplomacy options (M&B-like)

Xaliber

Suggestion

Coming from Mount & Blade where the game world goes on with or without us, seeing factions declaring war and conquering each other is always fun. We could just do something else while watching control of certain sectors shift to other factions.

This should allow a more dynamic world where it feels like a breathing, living universe.

Would be nice to have diplomacy options (and sabotages/manipulation) as well.

Edited by Xaliber

7 answers to this suggestion

It would also make conquering the universe a hassle, as opposed to just a system-by-system grind, because the AI would try to take their sectors back and potentially band together against you. 

It would make boarding a lot more of an attractive option, considering how many ships you'd need just to hold onto sectors! 😄

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MoreChainguns! said:

It would also make conquering the universe a hassle, as opposed to just a system-by-system grind, because the AI would try to take their sectors back and potentially band together against you. 

It would make boarding a lot more of an attractive option, considering how many ships you'd need just to hold onto sectors! 😄

Yes indeed, it would also make allying with certain factions more beneficial. Pick stronger factions and choose the right one for your bumper. :classic_rolleyes:

On 5/26/2021 at 8:49 PM, eode said:

This is effectively the already-upvoted space opera suggestion, isn't it?

Oh neat, I wasn't aware of that thread due to the name!

It seems to be a little bit different that the suggestion does not emphasize AI factions competing for territories themselves, but my suggestion could fit easily into that.

On 5/26/2021 at 10:28 PM, MoreChainguns! said:

Certainly sounds like it. Could you link to that post?

Should be this one! 

Edited by Xaliber

oops!  I edited my response, but I guess I forgot to hit send!

Yeah, I think that *this* is more of what I thought of when *reading* the space opera post.

If you combine this M&B territory style with the space opera player-involvement one, you get a really dynamic world.