[Build Mode] Split blocks and see-through options

Xaliber

Suggestion

Hi devs, I have two suggestions (hopefully small) in relation to ship building. This is related to my experience while building.

1. Split blocks - since we can merge blocks already, it would be extremely helpful to be able to split blocks. Especially for blocks in the inner part of our ship. Perhaps the tool to split blocks can give us a scale, into how many parts the blocks we want to split, or perhaps we can have a cutting/slicing tool to slice the block into several blocks we want (like a "Select Area" tool).

2. See through blocks - this is related to my first suggestion. This usually happens after I laid out my energy generator, cargo bay, etc, and add some stuff outside. After adding some other stuff, I realize I need more energy, so I'd like to modify what's on the inner part of my ship. Maybe split the cargo bay and make it into energy generator. This would be much easier if I can see-through the outer parts of the block, and add more blocks inside. So I can delete some unnecessary blocks inside, and add new ones/rearrange the shape.

Thanks for the consideration!

Edited by Xaliber

1 answer to this suggestion