2 members have voted

1. 1. Vote if you like an idea

• Transfer Control from ship list in galactic map
    • Hotkey to transfer to ship under attack in other sector
    • Move chat bubbles to chat menu
    • Resource acquirement notice moves horizontally
    • Titanium hangars for iron fighters

Suggestion

I've been making quite a few suggestions of late, so to avoid spamming the board further, I'm putting a few unrelated ideas into a single post here.

Since people may like one idea but not the rest, I will try to make a poll for people to show which ideas they like -if any.

Suggestion 1: Ship Control transfer
Issue:
Currently to change control of a ship not in your sector, you must go to galactic map, find the ship name you want, click on it to highlight the sector, click the sector, select that you want to transfer to a ship in the sector, then scroll down a menu of ships.

Suggested Solution:
It would be much less troublesome if you could right click on the ship in the galactic map (from the list of ships on the side) and select "transfer to ship" from there -the way that you can give orders to ships for movement and mining from that menu

Suggestion 2: Attack in other sector
Issue:
Currently if a ship is attacked in another sector, you get a message warning you of attack, of damage, of severe damage, and of destruction.

Suggested Solution:
A hotkey -or even "yes/no" selection to "transfer to ship under attack" when these messages arrive would be very nice, as the time I spend trying to find the ship on the galactic map is time the ship is being attacked

Suggestion 3: Chat Bubbles
Issue:
Ships talking can cover things that are very much important on the screen.

Suggested Solution:
I would personally suggest that what ships say should appear in the chat menu, rather than as a chat bubble -this would also enable the stations and ships themselves to have "conversations" that you overhear, rather than a random line about a cash register with no before or after context.

Suggestion 4: Resource acquirement notification
Issue:
Currently as a ship gathers items and materials, a list appears on the right-hand side, building upwards. This can make giving orders on the galactic map irritating, as these notifications cover the map and any orders you are trying to select.

Suggested Solution:
Have these either list right to left so they are less likely to cover something crucial, or have them appear in a collapseable menu

Suggestion 5: Iron Fighters
Issue:
Currently, you cannot make a hangar with any material lower than trinium. This makes the sectors that sell fighters in the iron and titanium sectors nonsensical -and the fighters that are sold there useless (you are fighting Naonite and Trinium enemies, why would you use weaker iron fighters -especially since you have to hire any pilots you lose, meaning they aren't expendable, and can't mine more trinium to make more hangars?).
I mean freaking heck, the reward for the mission that requires naonite or trinium mining gear to accomplish it is iron mining fighters!

Suggested Solution:
Allow Titanium and Naonite to build hangars, with the caveat of being very large, expensive and having a severely limited fighter capability. This would make the stations and sectors that sell fighters in iron, titanium and Naonite sensible, make purchasing iron and titanium fighters sensible, but prevent the early game from being a massive fighter spam due to the material expense of making large hangars for few fighters, as well as hangar limitations on the number of fighters they carry.

ex: Titanium hangars "max out" with a volume of 12 (which would be something like 80 for Trinium, as titanium hangars must be larger due to being a lower-tier material), and no matter how much larger it is built, will not have a higher volume and cannot hold more fighters.
ex 2: Naonite hangars "max out" at a volume of 30 (for the same 80 volume at Trinium), and once 80 volume is reached, the ship will not increase hangar volume/fighter capacity regardless of additional hangars added.
note: These numbers are examples, not definites. A max of 5 -or even 3- for titanium and 6-12 for Naonite would also be possible and understandable

why I think it works well:
it not only makes iron and titanium fighters (and the stations that sell them) more sensible, it gives progression for carriers throughout the tiers:
Iron can't do anything.
Titanium can have a few fighters, but it's a materially and monetarily expensive, energy consuming space hog with only small benefits in mining or salvaging, not really holding enough for boarding actions
Naonite can hold more fighters, making mining and salvaging more efficient and making a small difference in small space battles or possibly boarding small ships
Trinium can not only hold far more fighters for mining, salvaging and combat, but also MANUFACTURE them, making it even cheaper, and enabling the boarding of large ships and stations
Xanion: enables fighters to pick up resources and deliver materials, making mining and salvaging even more efficient

Edited by An Ning

0 answers to this suggestion

There have been no answers to this suggestion yet