Idea for Hyperspace 2.0

ClouDiMouDi

Suggestion

Here are a few ideas for Hyperspace that I'm sure Koonschi would like to implement 😛

Currently the hyperspace jump is rather boring and could use some visual and acoustical improvements. Through the ideas, I imagine that the immersion and gameplay will be improved.

Here are the details of the idea:

• -After dialing up, I hear a clear charging of the hyperspace generators and an energy bubble charges around the ship (or something like that). So you have a visual detection of ships trying to enter hyperspace.
  • -After launching into hyperspace, one visually and audibly exits the sector and enters the hyperspace loading screen. This is done by a positive exponential acceleration, so that you quickly escape the planets behind you, for example.
  • -The loading screen is decorated with a hyperspace "bubble", the camera rotates around your ship and you can see it moving through hyperspace.
  • -After loading, you can jump out of the bubble into the next sector by pressing any key, and you can see the sector approaching from a great distance. With an exponential negative acceleration. 

Other small ideas for hyperspace:

• -Upgrades for hyperspace change the visual, acoustic events when charging and in the bubble. (Colours, speed of the particles and pitch of the sound).
  • -The hyperspace can no longer be activated if there is an obstacle in the way. This can be done by an experimental/illegal upgrade, creating a violent explosion on collision or tearing a piece of the object.

Other ideas for hyperspace and personnel:

• -Admirals commanding a fleet of ships with captains flying together through the hyperspace bubble of the fleet admiral's commanded ship. This would be a good addition to creating an alliance, also for solo players.
  • --Leaders of a group could also create themselves in this way.

More finer ideas can be formed for this and I hope for lively discussions around hyperspace! If you like the idea make sure you upvote.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Example:

Edited by ClouDiMouDi
-Format
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 answers to this suggestion

Im sure too, that Koonschi would like to implement that!

Maybe dont make the camera rotate itself, but let it be controllable while in hyperspace.

And maybe offload the loading of the sector on another thread/cpu to reduce stutter.

Edited by CiD337
  • Thanks 1

The loading screen could also be replaced with that hyperspace video you've shown just to add a little touch.
And i agree with the 'stop where you want' part. I was thinking that we could have something similar like in 'Star Conflict' when warping in fights / using the hyperdrive on interceptors. 

Also, short range warp-drives could be a thing. Like the one boss that has it, i forgot it's name, the one you spawn with the hyperspace interrupter i think.